Give up everything, we were on the wrong track.
Begin with yourself: you are a musician.
You can transform all the vibrations of the world into sounds.
If you firmly believe this, and from now on never doubt it,
begin with the simplest exercises.
Quietly, take your instrument and play, at first, single sounds.
Let the current flow through the instrument …
You will then experience everything on your own and with others…
Music provision at RL Hughes Primary School is a cornerstone to shaping our pupils into being well-rounded, knowledgeable individuals. It is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity. We ensure that the children are engaged and inspired to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement. With progression, they will develop a critical engagement with music, allowing them to compose, and to listen with discrimination to a wide repertoire of music
Our curriculum for Music aims to ensure that all pupils can attain the following skills:
- to perform, compose, listen to, review and evaluate music across a wide range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
At RL Hughes we offer:
- Weekly 1 hour class music lessons (Y2 – Y6)
- Weekly ½ hour class music lessons (EYFS & Y1)
- Singing lessons
- A well established and successful KS1 and KS2 choir
- Keyboard tuition
- Guitar tuition
- Music tuition across all year groups which will include percussion, recorder and chimes bars.